If we can’t resolve your complaint, we are also a member of the Energy Complaints Scheme operated by Utilities Disputes, which is a free and independent industry complaints body. We are committed to maintaining the standards contained in the Energy Complaints Scheme document. If the complaint falls within its jurisdiction and has reached deadlock you can refer your complaint with us to Utilities Disputes. ‘Deadlock’ means:
- A complaint made to us that has taken longer than 20 business days to resolve and we have not advised you in writing that there is a good reason for this, and what that reason is, or
A complaint that is with us has taken longer than 40 business days to resolve, or
- Utilities Disputes is satisfied that:
- We have made it clear that we do not intend to do anything about the complaint
- You (as the complainant) would suffer unreasonable harm from waiting any longer, or
- It would be otherwise unjust to wait any longer.